Morecambe FC declares Burnard as sole director

SOCIAL BOOKMARKS

Morecambe Football Club says Graham Burnard has been confirmed as the sole director of G50 Holdings Ltd, with all claims of ownership made by Diego Lemos dismissed by a court.

In an official statement released by Morecambe Football Club this evening, it has been announced that a court order made on the 2nd of May has not been complied with, resulting in all claims of Mr Lemos being thrown out.

It means Mr Burnard (pictured) is the sole director and major shareholder of G50 Holdings Ltd which owns an 82 per cent stake in the club.

Lemos - a Brazilian businessman, had been locked in battle over the ownership crisis at the club, and earlier this month had been ordered to pay £86,000 in court costs within two weeks.

The club had been in the midst of an ownership fight caused by a dispute between Mr Lemos and Mr Burnard - his accountant, who set up G50 Holdings to enable Mr Lemos to buy the majority of shares last year.

However, Mr Burnard (pictured) later also claimed to be the owner of the shares because he wasn't paid by Mr Lemos and therefore kept 99 per cent of them.

Mr Lemos wasn't present at a hearing in Manchester today, or earlier this month. His whereabouts remain unknown.

Even the club's board of directors have been unable to get hold of him - an issue they have had for several months.

The only contact Mr Lemos has had with the club in recent months has been indirectly, via a telephone interview he did with The Bay in January, during which he told us that matters had been reported to the police to investigate the apparent transfer of shares - because he did not authorise any transactions.

He further claimed that he has never resigned as a director of G50 Holdings.

Earlier this month. representatives for both parties met at Manchester County Court, where ‘G50 Holdings Limited and Lemos v Burnard’ was heard by a Judge for the second time this year.

Bay News has tried on multiple occasions to speak to Mr Lemos' lawyers in recent weeks for comment, without success.

Graham Burnard acts for Abdulrahman Al-Hashemi - an ex-Director of the club, who has stepped in three times in recent months to provide the funds that were needed to pay the staff their late wages.

In their statement today, the Board said: "The Board wishes to express gratitude for the financial support provided by Abdul Rahman Al-Hashemi" (pictured left)

It added: "Morecambe Football Club can now confidently focus on next season."

The statement in full, reads:

The Order of the Court made on 2 May 2017 has not been complied with and that has resulted in all claims of Diego Lemos having been dismissed.

Graham Burnard is the sole director and major shareholder of G50 Holdings Ltd which owns an 82% stake in Morecambe Football Club.

Graham Burnard acts for Abdulrahman Al-Hashemi.

The Board wishes to express gratitude for the financial support provided by Abdul Rahman Al-Hashemi.

Morecambe Football Club can now confidently focus on next season.

Meanwhile, on May 3rd this year police had confirmed to The Bay that they were still investigating allegations of fraud with regards to G50 Holdings.

Action Fraud, the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and cyber crime, also confirmed to us in February that the matter had been handed to Durham Police.

On the 16th of February this year, Martin Wallwork - a spokesperson for Durham Police told The Bay: "We can confirm Action Fraud has referred this case to Durham Constabulary and asked us to look into an issue regarding the ownership of G50 Holdings. Police enquiries are at a very early stage."

It is unclear today (Tuesday May 16th) whether that investigation will continue, in light of today's announcement by the club.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 1:05PM
Comment on this article

Generate a new code
Comments not OK? Click here to let us know
Read this..